How can you tell if the world is about to come to an end? Tricky question. If it happens suddenly enough, you won’t be able to tell at all. If it happens gradually enough, you’ll have a very difficult time.
So all we can hope for is that the world ends at a reasonable speed, so that we can see it coming and not be able to do a thing about it.
Here are just some of the things to watch:
- Frogs. Not just any frogs, but frogs falling out of the sky. Or fish. Or worms. In whole, or in parts (eww!). Don’t laugh — it’s actually happened several times, recently as well as throughout history.
- Blood and more blood. Blood rain, rivers of blood, bloody tides…statues weeping blood, you get the idea. Expect to see blood pretty much anywhere as the end of times approaches.
- The Antichrist. He’s a sneaky one. Whether you call him Armilus, Dajjal, or something else, he’ll be a powerful guy during a time of tribulation who some will say is the Messiah. Keep an eye out.
- The Dead Walk. Yep, we’ve got zombies coming. Or maybe just a spiritual Resurrection (more boring, but less dangerous…if you’ve lived a good life, of course). Whichever the case, it’s bound to get a little crowded…but only for a short while.
- Disaster, war, plague, pestilence, hunger, et cetera…you know the score. Basically, anything bad or even just remarkable that you see on the news is a sign that the end of the world is coming…just like every time you sneeze or itch, it’s a sign that your death is coming (it is, you know).
Although not on the list is sea level rising. Might only be something to consider if you’re working on an offshore rig or on the docks. But here there might be a short term way to to seek recourse – imagine that – recourse for the end of the world! Seriously, if the oceans rise and by doing so end up injuring you on your job, you probably need to seek out an experienced maritime accident lawyer. You owe it to yourself to check this out, because while all the other disasters do not have a legal remedy, this one does! A maritime lawyer can’t do anything about the frogs, blood, Antichrist, zombies, but he/she certainly can remedy an occupational injury – provided you survive it.
However while you are busy looking for the antichrist, zombies, frog rain and exciting disaster, I will be sitting back relaxing on my porch munching tasty delights and sipping delicious wines from the gift baskets that my mother and uncle periodically send. I’ve got to tell you, receiving a gift basket when you lest expect it, is a whole lot better than waiting for frogs to fall out of the sky. I think my Mom doesn’t believe I eat enough so every few months the door bell rings and there is a gift basket filled with delicious fruits, or sometimes with cookies, crackers, cheese, popcorn, almonds and other nuts, and lots of chocolate. One time she sent me a deluxe map-themed attache filled with premium coffee treats and half a pound of Hawaii’s most popular coffee, Kona Nightingale. Hey, it was the perfect little pick-me-up gift. My uncle on the other hand appreciates fine wine and thinks I should too. Who am I to complain if he want to sent be wine filled gift baskets. I’ve enjoyed Cabernet Sauvignon, Port in vintage glasses, burgundy wines, and champagne. If you decide to live your life instead of fear it you may join me.